What can you learn from Google’s Conscious Café?
What can we learn from Google’s Conscious Café in San Francisco?
Google’s Conscious Café in San Francisco is a concept of the food behaviourists at the Google Food Innovation Lab and the designers of EDG Design. This is what we have learned from them.
- People connect with one another over good food better in a space that affects them in a positive way
- People make poor food choices when under stress. A space that people find calming, for instance through the use of specific textures, lighting and materials, helps them make better choices.
- People gravitate towards a warm and inviting atmosphere.
- By choosing the right design elements, people become more aware of the food in front of them.
- Present the food in a visually attractive way and prepare food in front of guests. Presenting food in a visually attractive way nudges people to eat healthier/more plant-based foods.
- When people are calm whilst eating, the body takes in more nutrients and can digest food better.
- When people eat well in a stimulating environment’, they have a better head start on the afternoon.
Want to know more about food & psychology? Read the Food Inspiration Magazine.
Food Inspiration magazine
17 March 2023 | 10 min
6 October 2023 | 10 min
3 February 2023 | 10 min
10 March 2023 | 4 min
14 April 2023 | 4 min