What can you learn from Google’s Conscious Café?
Written by on Thursday 19 March 2015
What can we learn from Google’s Conscious Café in San Francisco?
Google’s Conscious Café in San Francisco is a concept of the food behaviourists at the Google Food Innovation Lab and the designers of EDG Design. This is what we have learned from them.
- People connect with one another over good food better in a space that affects them in a positive way
- People make poor food choices when under stress. A space that people find calming, for instance through the use of specific textures, lighting and materials, helps them make better choices.
- People gravitate towards a warm and inviting atmosphere.
- By choosing the right design elements, people become more aware of the food in front of them.
- Present the food in a visually attractive way and prepare food in front of guests. Presenting food in a visually attractive way nudges people to eat healthier/more plant-based foods.
- When people are calm whilst eating, the body takes in more nutrients and can digest food better.
- When people eat well in a stimulating environment’, they have a better head start on the afternoon.
Want to know more about food & psychology? Read the Food Inspiration Magazine.
Food Inspiration magazineView all magazines on foodinspirationmagazine.com
15 October 2021
20 October 2021